Tips for Renovating:
- Know what you need – a simple makeover versus a renovation. If the kitchen is functional as it’s laid out and you don’t need to move major things such as plumbing and your cabinets are in good shape, a makeover is all you may need. If the kitchen is not functional for you, a renovation is in order to move items in their proper place for your daily ease of use.
- Hire the right folks – the kitchen is the heart of your home. It needs to be done well an in the shortest amount of time possible. That means your need design completely mapped out and products purchased and in your home before any remodel work can start. Making decision while your kitchen is torn apart adds time and expense.
- Know what the latest and greatest products out there so you don’t have regret later – new and wonderful products hit the market every day – from appliances to counter and backsplash materials to……
- Keep it easy to maintain and use – think of who’s using the kitchen – empty-nesters, and a family with young children, a couple with messy house guests…??? Product selection and placement need to correlate with who’ll be using the kitchen.
- Keep is classic – trends change every three to six years so keep it in style forever.