Loudoun County boasts a variety of attractions, entertainment, and wining & dining! We’re so lucky to be part of a community that offers activities for all interests and ages. As we’re gearing up for summer sun and fun, here are some great ideas for a [local] day out!
- Hit up one of the Farmer’s Markets (One Loudoun, Brambleton, Leesburg, Cascades) for fresh produce and baked goods! Support our local growers, businesses, and artisans as much as possible!
- Visit a brewery or winery! Loudoun County has so many to choose from. Some of our Team favorites include Sunset Hills, Quattro Goombas, Stone Tower Winery, Old Ox Brewery, and Lost Rhino Brewing Company. Or safely visit a bunch with Cork & Keg Tours!
- Don’t forget about our distilleries either! Take a tour of Catoctin Creek Distillery and follow it up with a tasting!
- Check out upcoming events on the Visit Loudoun website! And make sure you ask about the ones in your neighborhood. Broadlands’ summer concert series is a good one…you may even see your favorite real estate team there! *wink, wink*
- Take a break from the chain restaurants and check out some local favorites: Parallel Wine & Whiskey Bar, Monk’s BBQ, and Giovanni’s NY Pizza. Then pick up a sweet treat from Mom’s Apple Pie or Gruto’s! And mark your calendars NOW for Loudoun Restaurant Week, August 23-30!
- Have a date night at one of the fine dining establishments like Lightfoot, Goodstone Inn, Magnolias at the Mill, or The Conche (for a chocolate-infused experience)!
- Learn about Loudoun County’s rich history! Have you been to the Marshall House or the Loudoun Museum?
- Skip the mall and visit Rouge Spa & Boutique, Zazu, Sunflower Shack, or Brick & Mortar! Or if antiquing is your thing, you’ll find plenty of options like Beekeeper’s Cottage, Old Lucketts Store, and Black Shutter Antiques.
- Hit up local musical performances like the ones at Tarara Winery!
- Seek out volunteer opportunities and help our community flourish! Save the Tails, Hope’s Treasures, Loudoun Cares, and Loudoun Hunger Relief are always looking for help!
- For those too-hot days, kick back at Alamo Drafthouse for a matinee or take a group to Exit Plan to test your problem-solving skills!
- Get active at any of these awesome spots: TopGolf, Ashburn Ice House, Claude Moore Park, Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, Autobahn Indoor Speedway, SportRock Climbing Center!
- Break out your pince-nez and have a classy afternoon tea at Oatlands Historic House & Gardens or a night at the theater with the Sterling Playmakers!
- If you’re an animal-lover, be sure to check out the Leesburg Animal Park!
- Kick back and relax at one of the many spas in Loudoun County like Spa Minerale at the Lansdowne Resort or the Salamander Resort & Spa in Middleburg!
- Plan out an entire weekend of LoCo activities like the one outlined here!
The list could go on and on! Be sure to share your fun Loudoun County summer with us on social media!